Sunday, November 10, 2013

How to let go of Resentment: Sail Your Soul Sunday

A twitter follower asked:
Can you suggest ways to help release resentment?  
I no longer want to hold on to this feeling.
"Forgive others not because they always deserve it but because you deserve peace."
Realize that your hurts and grudges are serving no purpose but to propagate your own suffering. 
So why are you clinging to them? It is the ego. Like a bird builds a nest out of twigs and scraps it gathers, the ego gathers bumps, bruises, and grudges into this thing that Eckhart Tolle calls the pain body. 
Then the moment you encounter anything that resembles one of those past pains, your whole accumulated body of grudges and anger comes to life. That is suffering. 
Daily meditation and continual meditation will help make this unconscious process clear to you as it happens. I would recommend Eckhart Tolle’s book The Power of Now.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ~ Buddha

3 comments:

VividSaavY©2010 said...

I couldn't have bumped into this review this post at a better timing

Hollie Digregorio said...

I wish I knew how!! My "husband" cheated with my teenage daughters friends mother!! She isn't friends with her anymore for their own reasons, but this "woman" and I use the word loosely lives near us and she is constantly harassing me to the point I'm ready to just end it all!! Please help

Anonymous said...

Well my husband cheated with a family member while I was pregnent of his second.child I was 4 month it was so heart braking I felt stupid actually no words. Can explain that moment and that stage of my life its been over 5 yr and. At times I still remember and I realize I still hurt and that its always going to haunt me I'm still with him and I do love him and he has shown me In many ways that he's sorry for what he did to me I'm no one to tell you how to deal with your situation but if he love's. You and he's. Sorry and you still love him you can work things out its going to be ruff but not impossible. I really feel for you because IV been hurt too but my faith in God has helped me and IV been able to pull threw just remember we're. Not alone its just something no one likes to talk about