What to wear Wednesday! Attention busty girls

How to dress a larger bust 


After having breast augmentation a year ago, I wasn't aware of the trouble I would have with how my clothing fit. With the size I choose
 (I ended up a 34DDD)
I have to be careful with what I wear. 
So here are some tips that I like to keep in mind while shopping for new clothing and while dressing with what I already have. 
The goal is to show off your curves without looking boxy or frumpy/baggy.
My stats:
40-32-41
5'5 150 :)

Keeping “the girls” up high..
 and supported will give you the illusion of more of a waist. You tend to lose your waist when you have a large bust as it naturally sits lower as it takes up more room on your rib cage.  Great bras are a must.  Don’t forget to adjust your straps every time you wear a bra.

Wear low cut shirts..
Not too low, but ones that stop at the top of your cleavage.  Yes, V-necklines are the most minimizing, but really, you can also wear square, scoop and sweetheart necklines well.

Accessorize with a larger necklace...
That little dainty necklace is almost invisible next to your large scale bust. 
Look for necklaces that are made up of multiple pieces and that are longer. You dont want your necklace falling into your boobs ;)

Wear tops that are fitted and come in at your waist
Boxy and baggy tops will make you look bigger all over.

What about the loose sheer blouses or over sized sweaters?
I still wear these but I do have to wear a cami that pushes everything in
I like the camis that hold your tummy and bust in. I avoid wearing these tops with bras. 

Consider button position.
 On shirts that button up in front, make sure there is a button at your bust peak so that the shirt buttons don’t gape.

Only tuck if..
It is generally not advised when you have a large bust (unless you have a very long waist) because it visually shortens your torso.

Belts...
When it comes to oversized pieces and clothing that's extra voluminous, cinch your waist with a belt for the best fit. Balance it out.. which especially applies to women on the shorter side. The best place to add a belt is at the natural waist so the garment doesn't overpower your body and really emphasizes your curves. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you don't mind me asking what size where you before breast augmentation and what size implant did you go with? I just had mine done and am wondering what results i will end up with. Thanks.
rosalie said…
love love love this!! thanks. im a 34 ddd naturally and im really thin its soo hard working with all this!! lol
Anonymous said…
What bras do you like for lift? I struggle finding ones that I feel truly lift and support.
chatamoment02 said…
can you put links to where you buy your tops and your bottoms. I just recently had a reduction and am now a 34DDD/36DD but my waist is a 29 so whenever I try to buy tops like the one you have on they bunch around the waist from being to big and we're not even gonna talk about bottoms
Anonymous said…
IM a 34 DD naturally but i never find bras that fit me well there always lose..what kind do you like for lift the fits good? and where do you get them at?
Anonymous said…
Where's the top from?? I love it
Shavonda Duarte said…
Looks like your breast augmentation process was a success. You look fabulous! You now have a really good body proportion. These tips on how to dress if you have a larger bust line will certainly help those who just underwent breast augmentation. Good job for sharing this!
Marc Bryan said…
Your breast augmentation was a success! Looks like you're loving your new bust size! You already have a good body, and getting your breasts done gave you those beautiful curves.
Trisha said…
I am a 34/36 DDD, and I would also like to know where you get your bras from. I cant find any I love.
Sandra said…
Great post! Very informative. I used to be a 34G and had a reduction in 2010. Best thing I ever did. Love your blog!

http://sandyloo117.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
Victoria's secret has the best quality and support for larger breasts. I'm a 36DDD natually and they really hold everything up.
Julie said…
Very impressed by all you do. I especially like this post as we are the same height, weight, and even most measurements. Now if only I could turn back time to be the same age as you, that would be fabulous. Stay true and be proud!

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Extentions! My top picks!

My new favorite foundation! Kat Von D Lock it tattoo