Mommy Tip Monday

Family Fun  


The other day my kiddos Mariah(7) and Noah(3) kept saying "Mommy we're bored.. we have nothing to do" 
It was lunch time and I thought of the perfect plan.
Lets play restaurant!
We took out some paper and crayons.
 Me and the kids created a couple menus.
They made up the restaurant name "A good place to eat" :)
We listed a few food choices on the menu that were actually their options.
After we did this I pretended to be the waitress and sat them at the table.
I took their drink order..brought out some cheese and crackers, came back with the drinks then took their food order. While cooking what they "ordered" I kept checking to see if they needed refills and if my "customers" were enjoying them selves :)
As soon as their food was done I served them their plates.
Corn dogs and Mac N Cheese... yummy ! :)
Again, I kept checking on them refilling drinks.
After they were finished eating I offered dessert and of course they wanted dessert.
The only dessert on the menu that day was Chocolate pudding so they went with that.
Finally I brought them a bill, they "paid" haha
This was so much fun to do with them, who knew lunch time could go so smoothly!
The kids always ask to play restaurant now, its a great way to spend time with the kiddos plus your getting important things done like lunch or dinner ;p
Just wanted to share one of the ways I like to spend time with the kiddos <3

Comments

Arezu said…
Aww, haha that is SO cute!

I remember when we were younger we use to do kind of the same thing, we would be eating our mac & cheese and we were pretending we were on cooking TV show, me and my sister still laugh about it to this day!
Jaye said…
That's a great idea! I bet it helps prepare kids for actually going out to eat as well. I'll keep this in mind as a form of entertainment :)
Aricciakarmelle said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
yami said…
awww super cute idea ......
Anonymous said…
I love your blog you give me so many ideas. I can really relate to you. I would love to hear how you budget now for Christmas for gifts for the kids and such. Or any family traditions you may have. :)
Anonymous said…
so awesome! quality time while doing what needs to be done. and i agree, i think it helps prepare their manners and stuff for when they actually go out to eat :)kasey, youre a genius!
Anonymous said…
You seem like such a fun, very patient mom! Love reading about your creative ideas. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hair Extentions! My top picks!

My new favorite foundation! Kat Von D Lock it tattoo